Thursday, February 3, 2011

NAPA Hispanic Effort Ties Auto Parts To Pro Soccer

By Karl Greemberg, MediaPost.


Auto parts distributor NAPA has a customer base that mostly comprises the people who fix cars for a living rather than people who fix their own cars for pleasure or savings. But the company is doing a number of Hispanic-market programs this year that look a lot like pure B-to-C grassroots campaigns. The reason, says Eduardo Perez, president of PM Publicidad, NAPA's Hispanic marketing agency since 2003, is that there are a lot of mechanics, professional and amateur gear heads who happen to be Hispanic.


"Hispanics over-index for do-it-yourself and, perhaps more importantly for NAPA, they over-index in the automotive service technical professions," he says. "Hispanics represent 12% of the working population in the U.S., but at least 17% of mechanics are Hispanic." According to Perez, only about 30% of NAPA business is retail, the other 70% is wholesale, "so their biggest consumers are professionals in places like shops and vehicle fleets."


Read full article

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Total Pageviews