Monday, April 16, 2012

Sueño MLS presented by Allstate kicks off in Dallas

FRISCO, Texas -- Three years ago, Nestor Limas was in his room when his mother received a phone call from his great uncle. They spoke about a commercial he had seen promoting some kind of soccer-trial event. Nestor's mother smiled and relayed the message to her son. He wasn't sure what it was all about, but he promised himself that he would one day take part in the competition.

On Saturday, Limas fulfilled that promise. He made the 1,800-mile journey from Andover, Massachusetts, to Frisco, Texas, pursuing his dream of becoming a professional soccer player as part of Sueño MLS presented by Allstate.

“I’ve been preparing for it ever since," Limas told MLSsoccer.com before the first training sessions. "I’m not nervous. I’m calm and ready to perform. I feel ready, and I just have to give it my all. This is my dream this where I want to be.”

Limas was one of over 400 athletes competing in this year’s Sueno MLS presented by Allstate for a chance to earn one of five outfield player invitations to a week-long trial with their respective youth development host club and an invitation to the exciting four-day “Final Event,” which will be staged in Los Angeles next month.

Read full article

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Total Pageviews